To establish Teachers College policy and procedure to enhance the safety of employees, students and community members.
This policy applies to all employees.
The interpretation and administration of this policy shall be the responsibility of the Director of Public Safety.
4.1 Teachers College is committed to providing a safe workplace for all employees.
4.2 Prohibited Conduct
The College does not tolerate any type of workplace violence committed by or against employees. Employees are prohibited from making threats or engaging in violent activities.
Examples of prohibited conduct include but are not limited to:
· Causing physical injury to another person;
· Making physically-threatening remarks;
· Aggressive or hostile behavior that creates a reasonable fear of injury to another person or subjects another individual to emotional distress;
· Intentionally or recklessly damaging employer property or property of another employee:
· Possession of a weapon while on College property or while on College business;
· Committing acts motivated by, or related to, sexual harassment or domestic violence.
4.4 Any potentially dangerous situations must be reported immediately to the Director of Public Safety or, if
s/he is not available, a Public Safety Officer. All reported incidents or concerns will be investigated.
Reports or incidents warranting confidentiality will be handled appropriately and information will be