I understand and accept the following terms and conditions related to my use of TC’s Google Apps for Education:
• The Teachers College Acceptable Use of Information Technology Resources policy found at www.tc.edu/aupolicy which specifies in part that College IT resources shall not be used to violate any city, state or federal law or any College or University policies. This means that all College policies apply, regardless of explicit reference in those policies to electronic or other media. It also means that I will abide by copyright laws.
• The Teachers College Email Usage policy at www.tc.edu/emailpolicy
• The Columbia University policies at http://www.columbia.edu/cu/policy
• The Google Apps terms at http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/terms/use_policy.html
• Data may be stored outside the borders of the United States.
• Teachers College is the legal owner or operator of all of its information technology systems. Google gives TC the ability to access, monitor, use and disclose information in its Google Apps for Education domain. TC system administrators do not access personal information (except as described below) although they may see metadata such as mail headers in the course of their work. At a user’s request, they will access information if it is necessary to assist the user. In accordance with state and federal law, the College may access all aspects of its systems without consent of the user when such action is:
o necessary to preserve the integrity, security or continued functioning of a system
o required by federal, state or local law or regulations
o likely to provide evidence related to misconduct which is reasonably believed to have violated law or significantly breached College regulations
o is necessary to carry out essential business functions of the College or to preserve health and safety.
• I understand that Teachers College and Google may suspend or terminate my access if I fail to abide by these terms and conditions.
• If I am an employee of the College and choose to synchronize my TC email or other information with a mobile device, I will promptly report any loss or theft of a device to the Teachers College Help Desk via email to email@example.com or by telephone to 212-678-3300, or by contacting the cellular carrier request that all content be cleared from the device. Students are encouraged to contact their cellular carriers to do the same.
Users must also comply with the Google Apps acceptable use policy (“AUP”), under which each user agrees not to, and not to allow third parties, to use the Services:
• to generate or facilitate unsolicited bulk commercial email;
• to violate, or encourage the violation of, the legal rights of others;
• for any unlawful, invasive, infringing, defamatory, or fraudulent purpose;
• to intentionally distribute viruses, worms, Trojan horses, corrupted files, hoaxes, or other items of a destructive or deceptive nature;
• to interfere with the use of the Services, or the equipment used to provide the Services, by customers, authorized resellers, or other authorized users;
• to alter, disable, interfere with or circumvent any aspect of the Services;
• to test or reverse-engineer the Services in order to find limitations, vulnerabilities or evade filtering capabilities;
Failure to comply with the AUP may result in suspension or termination, or both, of the Services by Google and/or TC.